background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shelbs and the Big Three

Is it just me, or did time literally speed up when you became a parent? As a child I remember grown ups always saying "gee time is just flying by!" And I'd think, "ya right, Christmas is still a million days away and I'm still too short for half the rides at Disneyland!" Yes, Christmas was my measurement of time as child... Then the time comes when you're the parent and your days are filled with chaos, tantrums and lots of laughs. And yes it becomes true that the time does feel like it's flying by. That's how I felt recently as my little "big girl" Shelby turned three. Three!! What is going on?? Well this was the first birthday(of many) that she talked about for weeks in advance. It was a really fun and crazy party. It was ice cream parlor themed, well kind of. It was "supposed" to be a small birthday this year, but that just didn't seem to happen. But I didn't want to go crazy either, so I just made a ice cream & toppings table with banner and balloons and that's it! It was mostly family, but a few of her little gal pals came too :)
Ice cream cone cupcakes. Definitely not my proudest work, but I was trying to finish them as guests were coming through the door!

Shelby was sneaking some serious sprinkles off the ice cream table. I caught her in the act.

 Blowing out her candles. Singing or being sung "happy birthday to you" is probably one of her top five all time favorite things. If you want to feel special on your birthday, just call Shelby and she'll sing her heart out for you!

Pure childhood happiness. 

And after the party was over, instead of playing with her mound of presents, she decided to hang out in a gift bag with her blankie :) Happy birthday Shelby Brooke, we love you with all our hearts!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh cute shelby!!! I can't believe she is already 3!!
    Katie, love to see new pics of Liam!! he looks so different from when we came to visit you guys.
    yeah, time is flying by and I feel so old..hahahaha. My kids are growing too fast and I have two more that will be here in no time!!! where did time go??

    Beka

    ReplyDelete