background

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh BOY progress is good!

I Just thought I would take a moment to introduce our soon-to-be little bundle of joy! We found out I was pregnant right after Christmas. Some family was down the week before and I said to Ryan in front of everyone JOKINGLY "hey honey I think I'm pregnant cause my hip joints hurt." Ya know that ligament pain you feel when you're like 7 months along! Little did I know that that was not a joke :) I decided to wake up early one morning and take a test. I left it there for ryan when he woke up. I didn't know that pregnancy tests could turn positive before you were even done "following the directions" if you know what I mean! He was so excited, it was really sweet. Then just a couple weeks ago we went in for the big ultrasound and found out were having a boy! I can't believe that in a few months we will be blessed yet again with a new sweet little spirit in our family. My days are so consumed with all things Shelby (and I love every minute... well most minutes!) I can't imagine having time for two. But I know things always work out fine and I'm so excited just to have him and hold him and kiss his soft little baby cheeks! Being a mother is truly the most amazing thing about being a woman and I feel so blessed...

Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment and show how much he's grown. It amazes me how much they change and grow in such a short period of time. And trust me when you're pregnant, progress is good....

This was when I was about 10 weeks along (he's just a little nugget)



And this was a couple weeks ago when I was 20 weeks along. I love this pic cause I can see his little nose and both hands.

I'm 22 weeks along now, and still feeling good! The second trimester is always the best. I'm due the first week in September, well technically September 9th but the ultrasound tech said i'm just a little earlier than that. And you know when your pregnant, the earlier the better! I was a week overdue with Shelby when I was induced, and I made it really clear to my new doctor that that was NOT going to happen again! I feel like this pregnancy has been going by so much faster than my first, and I just keep telling myself I just have to make it through the summer here alive, and he'll be here! (No he does not have a name yet, and that's a whole other issue!)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it is that I am pregnant, but I am crying here just from reading this post...
    Being a mom sure is the most amazing thing.
    I am so excited for you guys for this new baby as we are for our new baby too. I am not worrying yet how life will be with two kids because I dont want to stress out before it is time to stress out..LOL Let's just say that everything will work out. Sometimes I feel like I am gonna go crazy or something like that.. or that I am crazy already for thinking that everything will be alright...or that I am crazy for getting into this pregnancy thing again..hahahahaha. Oh boy, all those things of when you get to your last month of pregnancy and start wondering about everything.

    I hope you continue feeling good. This sure is something important in pregnancy. I am already feeling like crap every night, cuz I can't sleep good as I wish I could with all this pain in my hips. :(

    anyways, miss you guys. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete