background

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Girl is Growing Up!

It was Shelby's 2nd birthday a couple of weeks ago, and what a difference a year makes! She was much more aware of what was going on. She really liked having all her little friends and family there, but to be honest I think she enjoyed the swing at the park we had her party at the most. We couldn't get her off of that thing long enough to aknowledge anyone that came to her party! (sorry guys!) Oh well, what do you do, the girls 2 years old! Every partygoer took their turn swinging her and she loved it!
This is the cake I made for her party. Her theme was pink ladybugs so I tried to make a cake to go with it. Last year I made it with fondant, but I've learned at a birthday party, especially kids, always go with regular frosting!
Aside from the swing, this was her absolute favorite part of the party! She loved being sang "Happy birthday to you!" She was all smiles!
I love this picture. She's grabbing my arm, and it looks like she's thinking, "Mommy are they really all singing to me!?!?" So precious. I was so bummed though because somehow the setting on our camera got all messed up, so these pictures came out awful. This is the result of a lot of editing, and they're still bad!
This is one of her birthday presents. My brother got her a vintage tricycle and put it together (so sweet!) The only problem is she's still a little too small for it. Her birthday was soo fun, thanks to everyone who came to show our little girl how much you love her! And a special thanks to Lindsi! It was sooo nice of you to come all the way from St. George for the day, by yourself, with the twins, AND go back the same day! You're the best, you know how much she loves her aunt Lindsi! Aunt Courtney, uncle Tyler, and uncle Robbie, sorry you couldn't be there, we sure did miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment